Learn how to do a Hard Reset to your Xbox One Console and the Xbox One S console. This will help your console run smoother, more efficiently, and reduce bugs.
Physically power cycle the console
- Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
- Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
Important If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will shut the console completely off. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.
You can also try to unplug and replug your power cord.
Disconnect and reconnect your console's power cable
- Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
- Plug the console power cable back in.
- Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.